08:37

Today results were out for my professional colleagues; this event triggers me to think of the significance of the result-day. I am treading back to my past, my first examination results.

To most of us in Tamil Nadu, the first examination results are class ten results, where the first time our answers are evaluated by a person who hasn’t seen us.

Evaluation by stranger is of prominent importance to me. Since my mind has been all long pacifying my inability to top the class by reasoning out the “X” factor. The factor is nothing but partiality, which derives stems from familiarity of the student and the evaluator. So, it’s a testing time for me to score big so that I stayed console that X factor existed and I am right.

Underlying issue is that a factor which can be blamed for failure till date stands removed and there is a great need to find new factors.

With the above thought preoccupied in my mind, I was trying to guess what would be my score. How would be my new mark mask look like, which will reflect my academic strength?

Since I have disregarded my school evaluation for the prediction/forecast purpose, I have to find a successive tool to determine the expected marks. Tool, I chose was benchmarking my reading with my sister and to make necessary adjustments for the difference between us in the learning, writing etc..

As far as I have observed, she reads well and the way she has explained her preparation process, the way she wrote the exams and other incidental matters was meticulous. The entire thing gave me a jolt, I ended up with the query should benchmarking be made? There needs to be substantial downward adjustments to be done in respect of all the factors.

If my estimates turn real, in a way I would be happy that my predictions were right but my entire belief on my capability to top in academics would be shattered.

In-spite of all these thoughts, I caught up with good sleep (the earnest thing which I always do – sleep). The day began with various rumors on the time of declaration of result. It varied from dawn to midnight.

I began to lay road from house to school. I made numerous trips by the best transport on the earth- legs. Finally the results came.

My friend and I were marching from the gate to the notice board area, meanwhile a teacher said looking at both of us, “you are school second”. My past analysis definitely hinted me that it belongs to my friend, because he studies very hard and well. I have seen his tremendous efforts for the examination, so there was not even a tinge of doubt to believe that the teacher did not refer him.

Results were pasted on the notice board. It resembled a jam packed cinema theatre ticket counter. It was high time for me to fetch a ticket, so through all legal means I reached the board, which displayed a roman number two at the right end parallel to my number, an indication that I secured position second in the school, my last blog readers would be familiar of the connection between me and position two.

I went half a percent past my sister, making my predictions fail. I could then decipher the reason that for predicting marks benchmarking would not work. Two things I could pick from it there is a good relationship between efforts and marks, despite a small lack in presentation and God willing things will go well.

4 comments:

Sneha said...

Very deeply explained the plight of a student....my mind races at such high speed and all kinds of crazy thoughts engulf me...Scary day indeed.....

Unknown said...

cool da kasi .. It was worth reading. keep me in loop on ur further blogs - srikanth

Selva Meenal said...

Wonderful my brother. Keep writing

Karthik P said...

thambi, supera eluthi irukka pa...continue writing...u ll win hearts :D

Post a Comment