04:49

My first interview - what it did to me

I pen down here what happened on my first interview :-


I got a mail on 10th May beckoning me for first round of interview process for a FMCG company on 13th May at 10.00 am.
I was happy that the mail came for interview and also sad that it stated that first round is group discussion on case study. I began doing some ground work. I disturbed whoever i could to fetch help (including Arockya (my school friend), Karthik (my sister's colleague) and few others). Forced Arockya to go to his college (far off from his residence) and borrow book on case study and also got necessary inputs from karthik on the day before about do's and dont's in a group discussion.

Most of them told me that if someone is silent in the group, then I should initiate and provide a chance to that person. (Ironically, in real group discussion - the silent person was me. Expecting some gentlemen in group to take lead and help me out)

The D-day came. As usual, I was on time by my standards, late by only five minutes. The attendees were asked to sit in a conference room. Thirteen of them were already assembled there. I entered the room and sat in the round table. It looked that most of them reached half an hour early and was in the process of building rapport with each other.
After allowing me to settle down, they asked me to introduce myself. Once, i said my name they were taken aback, for a single reason that i and co-ordinator for the interview share the same name. Then i made clear , i am also an candidate.

Then Group discussion began well for others, i was last to speak in it. Though i had good knowledge than most others in the group still then something held me back. I was the only one, who was aware of the result before it being called out.

This event made me find what's holding me back and now i am working on it !!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm thts rite mr vishwa...its important to know wr we lag and shud help ourself to break those shells....ALL THE BEST TO YOU SIR

Kingpin said...

Would like to leave a thought behind here:
- Are there any absolute do's and don'ts about anything AT ALL?

Good to see you writing! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Kasi!! all blogs sooper!! i wanna know who/what inspired u to write.. n wen r u gonna start writing books??

sathya said...

Hi. I am inspired about the way you narrated your experience. Expecting you to do well in upcoming GD and it is not tough for your standard.

Post a Comment