03:52

Allured by (participation) certificates

During my school days, I misconstrued that quantum of certificate an individual possess determines his success in interviews. Only after few years I could realize that credit of the certificate is not in quantity but lies in the attributes of the certificate.

However it was a delayed recognition, till then guided by the fallacy, i used to participate in most of the events in early school days. The drive to participate was good but I went little over and above to quench the certificate thirst.

Here I begin narrating the part where I went over and above the prudent ways in three blogs.

Part I:-

Everyone in the class occupied their seats as the teacher entered the room. She had couple of announcements to make. First, being schedule for Quarterly examination and the other being requirements of students to participate in the Rajini 25 show to be held at Valluvar kottam. Show’s inception was just a day ahead of the quarterly examination.

My mind began to assess the fact that quarterly exam is recurring (exam comes and goes every year) whereas the event occurs only once. I began to visualize the number of certificates I could add to my kitty, considering the magnitude of the event.

I am very good in remembering paths and routes, even Mr.Colombus would have taken my assistance in accomplishing the feat of discovering America, had I been existent then.To reinstate how good I am in directions the following paragraph would be helpful:

My friend mageshwaran’s house and mine were apart only by five hundred metres, but whenever I started alone from my house to his, I have ended up inviting him to my house. Somehow I forget the turns to be taken; I will wander and reach back to my home after calling him and informing that mission failed and meeting scheduled at my residence. Atleast half a dozen times this happened, I couldn’t extend my attempts to find his home, as he shifted his house to a much closer place. A pertinent note all these occurred in earlier time and now after much touring exercises I can spot a place much better.

So, I had to travel from ambattur to valluvar kottam for the event through bus (No.47D), one of the crowded buses that Madras has. I boarded the crowded bus which begins it’s trip from my place. If unsaid, this issue can create a doubt, so “I bought ticket for the destination”. I carried books too (the following day examination is there, studies is very important isn’t it?). I nagged few co-passengers to ensure that I get down at the desired location.

Events at Valluvar kottam will be discussed in the successive blog……..(to be continued)

1 comments:

antheagrace said...

Hey Kasi..U seriously have a lot of potential as a writer.. I generally read a lot but enjoy an article only if I am able to capture the essence of the article visually in my mind... U have managed that with ease and u also have a good command of the languauge.. I enjoyed all ur blogs.. Awaiting eagerly for the continuation..

Post a Comment