10:13

Events at the Venue:-

I enrolled my name in all the competitions that I could to amass maximum number of certificates. The competitions that I took part were singing (group), dance (group), rangoli and few more, which I couldn’t recollect now.

Before getting into details, how each event was performed and its outcome, I would like to throw light on the duration of the show. The show commenced a day before the exam and extended beyond my quarterly exams and ended during my vacation. Consequently, I spent my vacation at this great place (ie) Valluvar Kottam. My initial thoughts on the venue was biased and based on tamil cinema, where the Landmark is described as sanctuary for the un-employed, who spend their working hours in this wide-spread area.

Based on my observation, the description of the place was erroneous and the entire sequence shot here were myth. Moreover, since I have been a week there, it’s utmost important duty of mine to enlighten the readers that this place is a good one and I wasn’t idle there.

To emphasize the point that I wasn’t idle there, I begin with the most important competition Rangoli. I had all the weapons in the arsenal to imprint my mark in the event.

The things I had were chalk, white powder, four- colour powders and the last but not least steel scale. I have never tried my hands with rangoli before; I was equating rangoli with the mathematical diagrams, that’s the reason why I took steel scale.

Competition began; I went to the place allotted to me. I drew out the essentials from the armory. I began with the right hand holding the trusted tool (scale). Using the chalk and the scale, I attempted to draw 1800 line. As I said, it was attempt one, followed by multiple attempts to draw a straight line, which ended in vain. Watching, my unsuccessful attempts, the competitor to the right of my slot got tensed. She came near me and forcefully removed the scale and dropped it down. Then she began drawing lines with bare hand without the aid of geometrical devices and completed the rangoli on behalf of me. After it was over, I conveyed my thankfulness through smile.

Somehow, the judges selected me to the next round. This news was shock to me because what is important is that neighbor competitor should also be through to next round. Next round was scheduled two days later.

Two days passed by, this time area allotted was almost twice the size of the earlier round and it was an open area. As you have guessed obviously, I searched the person who helped me the round before. I couldn’t trace her; once again I began my attempts on the floor. Surprisingly, the lines were getting an inch better. Believing the proverb practice makes a man perfect, I continued my attempts, which was interrupted by a 18 years old guy, who asked my permission to allow him to make Rangoli and he explained that he was out of town so he couldn’t make it to the earlier round. With my heart full of delight, however without expressing, I gave him the opportunity. Rangoli made by him was awesome. It consisted of a bigger beetle leaf with the centre being occupied by a child, depicting Lord Krishna. It came out quite well. I was enthralled. However, it was promptly decided by Almighty, I don’t deserve the credit; the entire thing was washed out by rain.

1 comments:

Krrish said...

You are here to blog Kasi.. Not for writing comedy scripts..

Anyway had a jolly good laughing session readin this blog.. lolz..

keep continuin more f this genre plz..

Post a Comment