08:02

Final part on certificate illusion

It’s time for me to tell how other ventures in the show were. To begin with - group dance, I don’t remember much about it except for the novelty in the costumes worn. My friend in the group had a big stain in the T-shirt. We noticed it only when we got ready, with few moments left for the event to commence, requiring us to quick-fix the hitch. Yet another friend of mine came up with an idea let’s put our vest over the t-shirt, which will solve the problem and will make the team look unique. I could understand the origin for the thought which springs from his association with action-hero and cartoon movies, especially spider-man. Resolution proposed by him was put in motion. Costume got us distinct identity, whether that identity was appreciable or otherwise, only the persons behind the stage awaiting their turns would know. Since we never performed owing to some errors in the scheduling, our turn was near midnight hour. We couldn’t afford to stay late and perform (Since, all were young and lacked courage then to convey to our parents that we will be late to home due to so & so ….) . So, we discarded the new-identity and got back to home.

Group singing, full credits for the performance goes to my school friend. The event required us to choose a song from the album released “Rajini 25” and perform. We entrusted the task of writing down the lyrics to my friend. The same was done by him in good faith. Then we tried a little on practicing it.

We got our names enrolled for the event. While, at the backstage we noticed that most of the participants had printed lyrics. A copy of the lyrics was obtained from the other team and a glance of it gave us a real shock. We had completely misunderstood the lyrics of the song, which we had to sing in few minutes time. Lyrics read the chorus part as “R---A----J-----I----N----I Rajini25” whereas my friend deciphered it as “Aaney nee than ennai”. However, we performed based on the original lyricist lyrics without any fusion from our part.

The climax why I say I overdid for the quench of certificate thirst is as follows:

On the last day, an announcement came from the organizers that the valedictory will commence only at 9.30 pm and after the function, due arrangements has been made for the people to sleep at the venue. The certificates will be distributed in the valedictory and the occasion will be graced by many celebrities from the Tamil film Industry.

The entire objective behind attending the event was to amass certificates. Four of us, decided to stay there. Since it was a decade back, we couldn’t have the benefit of cell phone to convey the situation and seek permission and most of our houses didn’t have landline connection. So we called a friend’s home and asked him to convey our decision of staying there to the respective houses.

When valedictory was about to commence, my friend’s father came and stared at him, only then we realized that we overdid a little. He took us back to ambattur bus stop. I quickly galloped from the stop to my house, to ensure that things don’t turn worse. But lady luck gave a broad smile on me, things were very worse at my end. My father has started in search of me to the venue, while I was on the way to home. It would sound to most of you as movie track, where two intended parties move in opposite directions unnoticed. Finally, I had to wait at my residence for my father. It took him three-fourth of an hour to reach home.

Ultimately I could not receive the certificates, which I earnestly wanted then. And few years later, I discovered that the certificates which were missed were not the prized possession only the lesson which the incident taught was!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment